DApp is a decentralized application similar to smart contracts. It is positioned as the next stage in the development of blockchain technologies. The difference between DApp and smart contacts is the lack of connections with the financial component. Decentralized Application allows you to use the blockchain for any purpose. In the environment of programmers, DApp is application software intended for use by users.
Decentralized DApps come in two flavors:
- Anonymous: Applications that support any kind of privacy. All actions are carried out quickly and automatically. A popular technology that is still in use today is BitTorrent. It is a representative of peer-to-peer communication-type protocols.
- Reputation Based Applications: This refers to an ecosystem where nodes are tracked by users, and statuses are reflected in the software. Reputation is key to these DApps. The downside is that there is no way in the program to indicate the monetary value, taking into account the level of reputation. In addition, it cannot be transferred to another owner.
The main characteristics of DApp are:
- It takes a minimum of time to master the technology that allows you to create a DApp. Anyone with the help of Google receives information about the creation of a decentralized application and embodies his plans into reality.
- No restrictions on the number of network participants. The parameter depends on the market segment. Also, using the Decentralized Application, it is possible to exploit the blockchain technology for solving various problems, and not just for making a profit.
- Decentralized applications, unlike smart contracts, do not require cash injections. Decentralized Application technology is considered to be more advanced.
Pros of DApp applications:
- Impossibility of change. If you approach the solution correctly, even disconnecting from the Internet does not block the Network, and the application will work with users who are nearby.
- Speed. When the signals of the network participants are routed through a common central server, the speed decreases, similar to the passage of information through a narrow "neck of a bottle". In addition, the metric depends on the location of the server. The further it is, the longer the signal goes. In DApp, information elements and applications necessary for solving the problem are simultaneously taken from different computers participating in the Decentralized Application.
- Confidentiality. If an Internet user has posted a photo to a social network, he ceases to be its owner. This also applies to money that is deposited in an account with a financial institution - it can be stolen, "frozen" or destroyed. The advantage of a decentralized network is that data is stored in multiple copies in a chain. The information is available to everyone, but is available only to the owner of the key.
- Saving. The existing nodes work on one blockchain, which increases its capabilities. The resulting power is used in decentralized DApps. A system participant is able to perform useful calculations even on his mobile phone using free capacities and receiving a reward. Based on the principle of reducing the cost of financial transactions in the Bitcoin network, blockchain for decentralized applications helps to reduce the requirements for capacities used for calculating 3D graphics, saving on hosting and solving other problems.
- Safety. Regardless of the reliability of the server, there remains the risk of disrupting its operation by sending thousands of simultaneous requests. Such actions are called DDoS attacks. To harm the DApp, you will have to attack all nodes at the same time, but even then, the decentralized application will continue to work.
DApp Is More Than Cryptocurrencies
- The scope of DApp application is much broader than it might seem at first glance. Decentralized applications are widely used in auctions. Thanks to smart contracts, online auctions become as transparent as possible, since the system automatically fixes the time and size of bids and excludes manipulations.
- DApp is also used in online games since they guarantee transparency of bets and reliable protection of users' funds. One of the first decentralized games to conquer thousands of users was CryptoKitties, developed on the Ethereum blockchain. It caused such a stir that the number of transactions on the network reached a record, overloading the blockchain.
- Decentralized Financial Applications (Defi) is another popular type of DApp. They provide both transparency and confidentiality of data. DeFi's distinctive features also include their high availability. Anyone with an Internet connection has access to the financial system.
What You Should Contact Hyperlink InfoSystem For Your DApp Project
Relying On Research
Our analysts conduct market and product research. We choose the best solutions and offer our own. We agree with the client, and then we develop the solution. After the launch, we do not abandon the client, but rather, we continue to support the app.
We Create Quality Code
High-quality code can be maintained for a long time and painlessly. Hyperlink InfoSysytem, have a framework that enables our clients to save on code support, implementation of new features, and adaptation to new technologies.
We Test All Scenarios
We have fans of their craft who will not be able to fall asleep if there is not enough pixel in the corner of one screen in the application. We kill all bugs, test all scenarios. Our QA department will give an answer to any question in the format: "What happens if ...". To do this, they write special guides and checklists.
Understanding The Complex Scenario
We know how to do technically complex projects: services that interact with sensors and devices. With over eight years of experience developing mobile apps for small and medium enterprises as well as large organizations, we have developed app across multiple industries of varying complexities and functionalities.
Always In Touch
We care. We keep the client informed of the process: we agree on the documentation and layouts, include in all tasks, and give access to the bug tracker. We do not have situations when a manager has gone on vacation, and the customer does not understand what is happening on the project.