The online store offered by Ubercart is based on the powerful Drupal open source system. Although there are other open source e-commerce platforms (such as Magento), we have opted for the most powerful and versatile option.
Apart from the chosen platform, nowadays no one disputes that having an online store brings a new market to both traditional stores and new entrepreneurs. The important thing is to have the tools to take advantage of this new world:
- Full Control Of Your Product Catalog: You can create as many nested categories as you want, and place as many products in them as you like. And of course you can always set prices, descriptions, article references, images.
- Versatility: Each product has a specific sales strategy. It is important that the virtual store is flexible enough to allow this strategy to be applied to the products it sells. We offer you the possibility to create product packs, show prices with or without VAT, product attributes, flexible policies in the calculation of shipping costs, zoom and presentation of multiple product images, purchases for registered users and anonymous users.
- Huge Variety Of Design Templates: In online sales, the visual aspect is very important, and drupal has a much more extensive and attractive design template base than other low-cost e-commerce platforms.
- Designed to Facilitate The Work of Search Engines: The cheapest way to receive visits on a website is through a search engine. Websites that present their content to search engines in a friendly way are better considered, which results in better positions in their listings.
- Integration With Different Payment Methods: The store is integrated with payment gateway like PayPal, but it can be configured to accept other payment methods: bank transfer, check, other virtual POS. If you need any kind of customization, do not hesitate to let us know.
Our Ubercart Development Project Flow At Hyperlink InfoSystem
In the first phase of a project, after the customer has contacted us for the first time, we internally assign the incoming request according to the requirements in the team.
Our contact person will then get in touch with you and, after consultation, will accompany the project until it has successfully completed the development process.
Analysis And Conception
Here we develop an understanding of what goals the finished product pursues, what problems it solves, what core functionality it has, and what the customer's business and future users expect. We do this through an in-depth, fundamental analysis of your business.
After completing the analysis, we create an initial idea of the project in order to make the most appropriate decisions together with the customer on the basis of the collected data and technical expertise.
On the basis of the first concept, we start to determine the functional requirements of the project. At this point in time, we are not yet fully planning the project, as it will inevitably change in the course of development.
For this reason, we determine the core functionality of the project and start developing as soon as the customers are ready to go. With this agile approach, we can identify the best solutions and consider how best to implement them.
Agile Development Process
Agile methodology means constant work and improvement of the product as well as a quick reaction to changes on the part of customer requirements or other problems. We use continuous business analysis as the basis of project development to simplify the change process and find the best solutions based on what we have and how it works.
We ensure that our products not only serve the customer's business purposes but are also intuitive, simple, and convenient for the end-user.
An appealing design for users of our products must be pleasing, but above all, fulfill the main purpose - intuitiveness and consistency.
We carefully test each build to ensure that the intermediate results are also usable products.
We write clean and future-oriented code, taking into account the requirements of the product in terms of scalability and fast response times.
Support And Maintenance
Software solutions are products that always need improvement. The release is just a starting point for a new phase in development. During this phase, we adjust our pace and the way we work together to offer our customers post-release support for further improvements.
Features of Ubercart
Ubercart is actually a software that has characteristics similar to other e-commerce platforms:
- Open-source: it follows the open source philosophy, which allows access to source files for all who need it.
- Free: it costs nothing. You can download and install it on your server or hosting plan without anyone charging you for it.
- Multiplatform: it runs perfectly on Linux, Windows and Unix servers where PHP-MySQL is installed.
- Multi-language: it offers hundreds of translations so you can have your virtual store in the mother tongue.
- Thousands of Templates: it gives you access to thousands of templates to customize the design of your store for free.
- Free plugins: it offers free plugins or modules to extend Ubercart’s native functionalities.
- Product Management: it allows you to catalog, classify, register, cancel and modify products that you are going to offer in your online store.
- User Administration: it allows you to manage the users who manage the administrative portal of the online store.
- Customer management: it offers the possibility of managing customers, their data and purchases.
- Payment configuration: you can configure your online payment methods (PayPal, Credit Card) and offline (Bank transfer, etc.) according to your convenience.
- Shipping tracking: there are many modules that allow you to track the shipment to see its status after purchase.
- Stock control: it let you know how many products are left and have your customers notified at all times.
- Ratings: it allows users to rate the purchase, the product and leave comments.
- Statistics and reports: it includes marketing tools to generate reports of purchases, statistics, products, etc.
- Discount Coupons: perfect to encourage purchases by offering juicy discounts, it includes a system for you to configure them easily.
- Currency management: it allows you to sell in different types of currencies, as well as manage and apply taxes as you need.
- Newsletters: it offers configuration and sending of newsletters to keep your customers informed of all the promotions that exist.