In 2021, partly due to the global pandemic, we have witnessed an explosion in the digital world. The number of users who perform tasks from their devices has increased in an extraordinary way, and along with them, the demand for mobile applications to improve productivity or enjoy their leisure time, among other things.
Naturally, the increase in demand for applications also it increases the number of developers. Many companies, both multinationals and SMEs, know that having a mobile app is a valuable resource, almost essential to maintaining their competitiveness.
This demand makes the profession of app developer a bet for the future for those who are looking for their first job or want to expand their options. How do you make a mobile application? What do you have to study to become an app development professional?
What do you have to study to develop a mobile app?
To develop mobile applications, there is not a single specialty that can be studied. Some decide to take specific app creation courses, while others choose to study Computer Engineering to have a more complete knowledge. Then there are courses in stage design, animation and 3D rendering, which generate environments and characters that are sometimes needed, especially if it is about programming video games for mobile phones.
In addition, there are different types of applications with different characteristics, further expanding the catalog of developers for whom you can prepare. Some of these focus on leisure or productivity, and others are designed to improve security, manage large volumes of data, augmented reality for interior design and decoration and a long etcetera. That is why you may also need knowledge about calculation, web design, AI or social networks, depending on the degree of specialization for which you want to prepare.
Also Read | Top 10 Fitness and Exercise Apps
Of course, it is also highly recommended to study English because it is the language in which we find the greatest amount of resources. The main forums and sites with updated information are in this language. Not to mention programming languages, whose commands are also handled in the language of Shakespeare.
It does not hurt to have knowledge of marketing and trend analysis. This is because it is important to know the potential that an app can have before developing it. If an application is built that is not going to reach the right audience, a great deal of time and resources will have been wasted.
Therefore, it is necessary to study one or more of these disciplines to develop a mobile application:
- Graphic design, animation and 3D.
- Big Data.
- Programming languages (front-end and back-end).
- Market analysis and research.
- Development of multiplatform applications.
Some tools used to make mobile applications
Is it possible to develop mobile apps without knowing how to program? Actually, it is, since there are tools that make it possible. These are the best today:
- Tu-App.net, created by the Spanish Startup of the same name, is a platform that stands out for its simplicity and ease of use. It has a fairly intuitive interface, allows you to develop the application for Android and iOS at the same time. It is also 100% customizable and has several plans that allow unlimited mobile applications. There are more than half a million applications developed with this builder.
- Yapp, used by international media such as NYT or ABC news, has modifiable templates and modules that you can incorporate according to what you need in each application.
- App Builder stands out above all for allowing you to develop an application from scratch just by dragging and dropping the elements that you want to appear. It also has a section with support material to resolve any doubts that may arise.
- Creapp, designed to facilitate the task of making an application for SMEs and freelancers, is also a tool widely used by developers of different levels. Everything is done online and allows you to fully customize the app.
- Moincube has a wide assortment of resources with which to make a mobile application. It is managed from the web and has a very high level of customization. It is also one of the favorites by many because it is free, although it includes ads that can be removed by upgrading to the paid version.
Also Read | Ways To Outsource Suitable Mobile App Development
For users with programming knowledge, there are also very useful tools, which facilitate several of the tasks necessary to launch a mobile app:
- iBuild App has a good collection of templates that facilitate the development of applications of all kinds. In addition, the person responsible for creating the application can choose between allowing advertising or access to a clean paid version.
- Flutter is a tool developed by Google, although it is not only used to create applications on Android. In fact, it goes beyond the development of mobile apps and can also be programmed for Windows PCs. Linux and Mac. It is not very well known yet, but many developers are looking at it for the versatility it offers.