Have you been looking for the best eCommerce site for your web development?
Are you still confused between Prestashop and Shopify?
Are you finding it difficult to choose a particular one?
If yes, then this article is for you! In this article, we will be looking at the various pros and cons of both websites and which one you should consider making the best choice for your upcoming projects. We will also be breaking down the cost and analysis and the preference of top app development companies. So without further ado, let us get into the details!
These days, numerous platforms offer various features for web development. But choosing one can be confusing for even the top app developers. In this case, you need to choose the feature each app is providing. This might include:
- The payment options on the app
- The products that need to be marketed to the audience.
- The response times
- Online features that increase and enhanced the user experience
- The reach of that site
- The traffic can generate for sales
These are the top features that can make or break the app. Top app development companies tend to look at these factors before making their decisions.
Introduction to Prestashop and Shopify
Both these platforms offer excellent reach for your products. These apps have a small difference, Shopify is like a big store in which you can add your products to the shelf while Prestashop is a free website where one has to only buy the domain. Prestashop has amazing scalability while Shopify is extremely safe and secure. Once you buy a domain you need to hire dedicated developers for your website.
Prestashop was launched in 2007. It has been initially developed by two French developers. It has overtaken offline stores as it eases the process of hosting. Although it is easy to use, top app dveleopemnt companies have a lot of preference for its use. It is popular due to a number of reasons. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Advanced modularity for product display
- Highly versatile features
- Advanced backend
- Attractive frontend functionalities
- Wide community support
These make PrestaShop the first preference of web and app developers.
On the other hand, Shopify is a trading company. It was launched in 2004. The only difference is that Shopify allows those who have less knowledge about hosting services to trade without the hassle of hiring web app developers. It manages the backend while allowing you to customize the frontend with ease.
Connecting the backend which can be a mess if not done properly also is managed by Shopify. Now that we have gained some knowledge about both platforms, let us discuss the pros and cons of each. This can help you save a lot of cost and time for the next project that you are willing to launch. Bith has a certain con but makes sure to select a platform that meets the demands of your company and fits within the terms that bring the maximum benefit.
Pros and Cons of Prestashop
The list given below helps you make an apt decision and provides the pros and cons of this platform. It is as follows:
- It is free to use for everyone
- The platform is extremely user-friendly extremely for beginners. It is self-hosted which saves you a lot of bucks. The manual hosting on this site is also very easy and hassle-free and the backend is available and is not that difficult to grasp.
- The platform offers numerous add-on features which are useful for customization. This also helps to increase the functionality of the product being advertised.
- It also offers analytics which helps the user to analyze all the details and make improvements based on these. You need not hire any specialized app developers to make you understand the mistakes. You become independent.
- It also helps you to cut down on your hardware resources as the job of hosting and maintaining is being done for you by the platform itself.
- Prestashop also supports multiple languages. This means that you can also target your local clients as well as international customers for expansion purposes. This feature has hence proven to be extremely useful for the vendors on this platform.
- Due to the different add-ons, you can set up multiple online payment options. This helps you to make hassle-free transactions while keeping track of your records and receipts easily. This help cut down on paper record maintenance which can be misplaced sometimes.
- The platform has certain design limitations which can cause frontend customizations difficult.
- The scalability of the platform is low hence when the traffic increase after a certain period of time, one might start to face issues.
- The platform does provide support but this feature is paid which makes it difficult to seek help during the time in which it is needed.
Pros and Cons of Shopify
Shopify has an excellent front end that helps noobs to host their products with ease. The pros of it are as follows.
- It is quick and easy to set up and commence the trade.
- The theme editor provided is extremely easy to use for beginners
- It helps to reach new customers without the need of setting up a physical shop
- The whole platform is SEO friendly which makes the customers attracted to your product easily.
- It round the clock help center to assist you with the problems that you might face.
- Transaction fees are charged in case one does not use the same platform for payment.
- The whole site is hosted which means that you have less control over your cart
- It lacks some features which might reduce the user experience.
Both these platforms provide you to host our products for free which means that you don't need to pay a huge amount of money to mobile app development companies. Although both of these apps have their own pros and cons, analyzing the best interests of your company and then coming up with the most profitable solution is helpful.